“I am melting. Turn down the heat.”
As a child I had a toy snowman that said exactly those words when you pushed it. Right now it feels like words of wisdom.
I am melting. Even though Denmark is not that hot. I know. It is still spring, but outside it is about 28⁰C (82⁰ Fahrenheit). And our summer is usually that temperature. My white body cannot take the heat, or the sun for that matter. So what to do?
By the way, we do not have air conditioning in Denmark. Or we do, but only in malls, schools and hospitals etc.
So here are 5 tricks to survive:
- Water, water, water! You have heard this too much. But you need to stay hydrated, especially if you are going outside. Soda lollies are also a great way to stay hydrated, if you ask me.
- Are you thinking about going outside? In this heat? As a really white woman, I become a lobster without sunscreen (and I am kind of allergic to the sun). So I found the best one, P20 Riemann. I know it is expensive, but it’s worth every penny.
- Flaunt your new bathing suit, bikini or whatever you wear at the beach. It is socially acceptable even if you are not at the beach. Because of the heat, you can even enjoy your bikini sitting in the shadows.
- Take a long and cold bath. If you like. But if you just want to stay cool, place a cold water bottle on your wrists or on the back of your neck. The skin is thin there, so it cools down your body.
- Your clothes matter. I love black, and I wear it most of the summer (white is not my colour). But I never wear anything heavier that cotton. And two of my skirts are almost see through.
Hope you found this helpful. And do not melt in the summer heat. Until next time.