My makeup bag is not filled with expensive things. I have one or two items that are not typical drugstore. Otherwise my makeup is available, even for those who just started with the makeup. Except from one thing, I am not sure if one of my favourite makeup brands can be bought in other countries.
I try to keep my makeup cruelty free. In Europe it is not that difficult. There is a law that dictates, no makeup is allowed to be tested on animals. In the same way, that China has a law that dictates, makeup is required to be tested.
So my makeup bag contains these key items:
- Mirror – of course, I mostly use a pocket mirror. I am a bit clumsy, so I broke my standing mirror a couple of months ago.
- Tweezers – even though my eyebrows are pretty light, I can still get that one stray hair, that you cannot stop staring at.
- Makeup wipes – I usually have a little bag with me. Mostly if I want to switch lipstick or if I suddenly decide to sleep at a friend’s place.
- Lip balm – I usually have Maybelline Baby Lips Melon Mania with me. I like a little colour on my lips at all times.
- Lip oil – I use Gosh(Copenhagen) lip oil Rose. It looks like a lip gloss, but leaves the lip smooth like an oil should.
- Concealer – I have two kinds. Both are from Nyx cosmetics. Their concealer wand is both available in a normal skin colour, and yellow, lavender and green. I own the green one, that hides the red colour in pimples. And I of course have a skin colour as well.
- Powder – I do not like the feeling of foundation. So I use Nyx Stay matte but not flat powder foundation instead. It has the weightless feeling of powder, but the coverage of a foundation.
- Highlight – See number 10.
- Bronzer – See number 10. (again)
- Eyeshadow – This is the one thing; I did not buy myself. My little brother got me the Elizabeth Arden Glamour on the Go travel kit this Christmas. And it has everything, which is why I love it so much. The kit contains both multiple eyeshadows, nude and darker colours, bronzer and highlight and many other essentials for a travel kit.
- Eyeliner – Here I use GOSH Velvet Touch Waterproof Eyeliner Black Ink, that is really creamy and easily applied. And if I want a thinner line, I use my e.l.f. Essential Expert Liquid Liner.
- Brow pencil – One year ago I did absolutely nothing with my eyebrows, so Eylure Brow Pencil is the perfect starter kit for an eyebrow newbie. It easily applies, it is not overwhelming in the colour department and I prefer a pen for application.
- Lipliner – If I do not use my lip oil as a lipgloss, I use my NYX Mechanical pencil in the colour Nude Pink. It is a fantastic match for my lipstick and it creates a perfect base.
- Lipstick – Then I use my favourite lipstick GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick Matt in the colour Rose. This is a nude lipstick, but in a purple shade.
- Mascara – This is the item I spent the most money on, mostly because I fell I love with Lancôme Grandiôse, that is quite expensive 26£ (38 $)
This is a picture of my everyday makeup, if I want to spend the 10 minutes it takes.
Hope you found this helpful. If you want to know more, you are welcome to write me. Until next time.