If you know me, and know me well, you have picked up on the fact, that I am not a Summer person. I really love the whole concept, but I cannot take the heat. I feel like the only thing I do right now, is taking really cold showers.
This does not mean, that I did not long for summer, when it was snowing outside (2 months ago). Or missed it in the autumn, even though the autumn leaves were beautiful.
But since the heat came over us, here are the 5 things I miss the most:
- Being able to go outside. With no sunscreen. Without sweating like a pig. Do not get me wrong, I love wearing my Summer dresses, but in this heat, even the smallest and lightest Summer dress is too much fabric. And sunscreen, even the amazing expensive one, is sticky. And greasy.
- Coffee!! I love coffee, but it is not the same in the heat. It does not taste as good. And even though ice coffee is amazing, it does not give me the same pleasure as normal coffee does.
- I know it sounds weird, but I really love rain. Especially in the Summer. Summer rain is the best, mostly because it is the only rain, that you long for. And I do not even use an umbrella (unless I am going out).
- I love my sneakers. And for most of the year, it is all I wear. But summer heat you c***. My feet are smelly. And sweaty. And gross. If I wear my favourite shoes. Stupid sun.
- Mostly for everybody else’s sake. Because I am white. And you may think “I am pretty white too.” It may be true. But have you seen the picture of a beach that says: “Find the Irish girl.” Or something like that. She is almost the same colour as the sand. I am that white.
It is so typical. We miss the season we do not have. And never appreciate the one we have. But still, hope you guys enjoy the summer. I do. Cause I know, I am going to miss it, when the leaves turn orange.
Until next time.